New Jersey State Licensure Update:
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW WEBINAR ON NEW JERSEY STATE LICENSURE FOR RECREATIONAL THERAPY.
- The Licensure Committee has formed and is working hard on making forward movement.
- Members are contacting and/or meeting with professionals in other states who have achieved licensure to discuss and understand the process of bringing a bill to legislation.
- Our committee is also reaching out to professionals in different organizations in NJ for support.
Volunteers needed for the following work groups:
1. Education: Educating other professionals and political representatives on what exactly TR is, our scope of practice, what licensure means for our discipline, inform other
disciplines (PT, OT, ST, Music/Art, Drama, Activity
Professionals) that we are not a threat! Also, create sample letters that can be used in news blasts to be sent to multiple representatives.
-Bill Preparation: Look at licensure bills in other states (Utah, NH, NY, OK, NC, PA) and other disciplines (NJ OT/PT, Music, Art, Drama) and create a framework for our bill.
2. Marketing: Compile & distribute material for why we need a licensure bill (FAQ’s, advocacy “TR Fact Sheet”), including “purpose of licensure” points. This can be used to educate customers, consumers, administrators, and other professionals.
3. Networking: Contact other associations & disciplines for support and connect with key individuals that can help support our efforts (professional organizations and political figures).
4. Research: Look up statistics for injuries that occurred from a professional claiming to be a CTRS in an unlicensed area, and compile any other information necessary to support our bill.
Submit the form below to join this committee: