Job listings are posted and promoted here to help fill the opening with the most qualified professional in order to best serve and protect consumers. As a professional association we encourage recruiters and agencies to develop job descriptions for Recreational Therapists that require the CTRS credential through NCTRC.
Current Job Listings
Program Assistant for Special Needs Day Program (Adults)
Monmouth County Park System
Therapeutic Recreation Department
Dorbrook Recreation Area, Colts Neck, NJ
Responsible for assisting in the planning of and leading a variety of daily activities with assigned participants such as games, current events, arts and crafts, cooking, sports, excursions, and special events. Applicant must be comfortable working with participants of all functional levels. Experience working with individuals with special needs preferred. Several hours of paid online training are required prior to working with participants.
Must be 19 years or older; over 21 preferred
How to Apply: Contact:
Anne Simon at 732-460-1167, ext. 24 or email Anne.Simon@monmouthcountyparks
Lorianne Megill at 732-460-1167, ext. 23 or email
Full-Time Recreation Therapist
Matheny Medical and Educational Center
Duties of this position include:
- Conducts accurate assessments using the departmental format.
- Plans, develops, and implements appropriate treatment programs for each client based on the results of the evaluation and consultation with the treating team.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize departmental technology and adaptive equipment during treatment.
- Documents according to departmental procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, attend, and facilitate community trips based on client-related program goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, and implements leisure experiences which are appropriate for the age and functioning level of clients.
- Actively participates in departmental projects, performance improvement, and program development.
- Works and communicates with treatment team members, sharing results of evaluations and therapeutic outcomes, regarding program goals and objectives consistent with the needs and capabilities of each client.
- Demonstrates safe handling techniques appropriate to the task, environment, and individual.
- Demonstrates ability to train client, family members, and caregivers in the hospital to carry over treatment goals as needed.
- Supervises Recreation Therapy student interns and volunteers as assigned.
- Executes case management responsibilities effectively.
- Matheny offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, tax-deferred retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited college or university is required
- National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC).
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS).
Can apply at: