Job listings are posted and promoted here to help fill the opening with the most qualified professional in order to best serve and protect consumers. As a professional association we encourage recruiters and agencies to develop job descriptions for Recreational Therapists that require the CTRS credential through NCTRC.
Current Job Listings
Kean Ocean Campus-Toms River, NJ
Class: Introduction to Recreation-Monday’s 4:30 pm
Qualifications: Must have active CTRS certification
and graduate degree.
All interested candidates please email Pam Griffin firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation Therapist (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist)-
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.
It is essential that all duties are performed with the highest level of integrity, while supporting Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence, ensuring the achievement of competencies and compliance with regulatory agencies.
The Therapeutic & Life Enrichment Department has the primary responsibility for developing and implementing recreation and leisure-based programs that are consistent with the resident’s assessed needs, abilities, and interests. The ultimate goals of therapist interventions include improving physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning and the achievement of an optimal level of personal independence for each individual resident. The Recreation Therapist utilizes a variety of settings, modalities and leadership techniques to engage the individual at their highest practical level. All essential job responsibilities will be executed in accordance with Inglis Administrative policies and compliance/ethics guidelines.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES-
- Assessment, Plan, Implement, and Evaluate individuals to engage in Therapeutic Recreation interventions. Knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument Process and Care Planning
- Leadership / facilitation techniques and styles to engage individuals at their highest level.
- Quality written skills for accurate documentation of interventions and outcomes.
- Measurable, specific, and time-oriented goal writing.
- Variety of Therapeutic Recreation and modalities to engage individuals in all domains.
- Use of Evidence based practice for engaging individuals with specific disease processes or conditions.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Performance Improvement process and utilizing a variety of actions to improve outcomes.
- Provide guidance to volunteers for successful engagement when participating in a recreation / music program.
- Creativity in designing and leading therapeutic recreation interventions and programs.
- Ability to work with in a team setting.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are several traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized and accredited institution in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Board certification required by The National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC)
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in Long Term Care or Health Care setting
- Knowledge of the theories and practices of the Therapeutic Recreation profession, including philosophy, professional development, credentials, client advocacy, ethics, conduct and practice skills is required.