Job listings are posted and promoted here to help fill the opening with the most qualified professional in order to best serve and protect consumers. As a professional association we encourage recruiters and agencies to develop job descriptions for Recreational Therapists that require the CTRS credential through NCTRC.
Current Job Listings
Warminster, PA 18974
SUMMARY: To plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Continuing Care Program in accordance with Federal, State and County regulations and established Erickson Living policies and procedures. Provide and assure that an on-going program of therapeutic and recreational activities stimulates the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and emotional well-being of Continuing Care residents.
Person-Centered Approach Summary:
The Continuing Care team is committed to serving residents in all aspects of their daily lives and assisting with the day to day functioning of the neighborhood. Members of the Continuing Care team will develop relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the residents’ physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the residents first.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain the Erickson Living’s philosophy and “Vision” statement.
2. Provides an environment that promotes and supports an active, healthy and independent lifestyle in accordance with the abilities of each individual resident.
3. Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the activity programs of Continuing Care.
4. Knowledge of dementia and the ability to adapt programming based on the level of resident’s impairment.
5. Assesses residents’ needs and limitations on an on-going basis for program planning and writing assessment forms and MDS. Interacts directly with residents and family when able, to gather information for assessments, MDS and care plans.
6. Provides proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessments forms, and MDS as necessary.
7. Review resident assessments completed by EC Program Assistants to ensure appropriate and preference based programming.
8. Participates and or designate appropriate staff to participate in Interdisciplinary Team Care Planning process.
9. Responsible for marketing EC programming philosophy internally and externally to residents, families and staff.
10. Provides oversight of delivery of customized, individualized resident services. Creates monthly EC activity calendar to be displayed on each nursing unit and in each resident’s room.
11. Responsible for developing, administering and coordinating departmental policies and procedures and conducts on-going review of these policies.
12. Design and plan therapeutic and recreational activity programs using own skill areas of specialty.
13. Determine the need for activity supplies, identify vendors, generate supply lists, order supplies, label and distribute supplies where needed.
14. Interview, hire, supervise, evaluate, and fire activity department staff.
15. Supervise Activity staff members daily.
16. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development; plans and/or participates in conferences and classes to improve knowledge and practice in resident care; attends in-service programs that are provided to facilitate compliance with government regulations.
17. Seeks outside resources, as needed, through universities, community and professional networks. Provide oversight of outside groups which provide on-site educational and recreational programs.
18. Ensures that EC program staff complies with Federal, State and County requirements related to activity program documentation, including daily attendance, monthly calendars, progress note, MDS and Care Plans.
19. Participates in yearly budget planning process; identifying and justifying payroll and department supply needs. Submit to Administrator of Continuing Care for review, recommendations and approval.
20. Maintains current written records of department expenditures and assures the adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted upon request as necessary including monthly variance reporting.
21. Educates staff and volunteers regarding resident’s abilities and limitations, psychosocial needs and therapeutic interventions during in-service training and staff meeting. Serve as a resource person and role model for others.
22. Develops, conducts and documents in-service programs for staff and volunteers specific to their needs and experience to include regulatory training requirements.
23. Creates partnerships with all departments to stimulate and promote a social and home-like atmosphere resulting in a warm and inspirational environment for residents which creates community, celebrates life and allows them to share their gifts.
24. Participates in EC Quality Improvement Process, operations team meetings, financial reviews and all other meetings as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sincere interest and desire to work with Continuing Care residents.
2. Basic knowledge of the physical, psychosocial, social and spiritual aspects of the aging process.
3. Flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings as appropriate.
4. Good organizational skills and problem solving ability.
5. Possesses team player attitude.
6. Ability to create resident preference based activity program.
7. Ability to multi-task with exceptional time management skills.
8. Responsible for maintaining and adhering to allocated budget.
9. Understanding of the dementia process and its impact on activity programming
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Qualified as an Activity Director or CTRS, in accordance with state regulations.
• A 4 year college degree is required.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Activity Manager in a geriatric setting is required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
National Certification Council for Activity Professionals.
How to Apply: https://erickson.wd5.myworkday
jobs.com/External/job/ Warminster-PA/Certified-Therap utic-Recreation-Specialist_ R0007097
Part-Time Recreation Therapist
Hoboken University Medical Center
Please review the following information listed below
as the online posting is incorrect.
Plans and implements appropriate recreation activities for patients in accordance with guidelines set by the organization, hospital, and the profession. Responsible for the provision of therapeutic recreation intervention for patients on the unit. Ensures all patients are oriented to recreation therapy and provides hospital-wide leisure, social and divergent programs. Serves as an educator to patients on community resources.
Recreation Therapist Certified; NCTRC Certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, with rehabilitation or therapeutic recreation emphasis, from an accredited program.
Experience in Acute Rehab preferred